Travel the World with Au Pair International!
Have you always wanted to wander the streets of Paris? Or trek through the Outback? Perhaps you would like to explore the rich culture of Spain. At Au Pair International, we offer an exciting au air program for U.S. and Canadian applicants to live abroad as an au pair with a host family in their chosen country.
Au pair comes from the French meaning on par or equal. As an au pair, you will live with a host family abroad and provide live-in childcare. Aside from your duties around the house, you will have the opportunity to takes classes, make new friends, and travel around a new and exciting country.
Benefits of Becoming an Au Pair Abroad
- Gain valuable childcare experience while providing live-in care for a host family.
- Guidance from the API staff from the application process to reviewing host families to assistance with applying for a visa and finding insurance.
- Ongoing contact with staff members before, during, and after your program year.
- Local contact where you are placed.
- Good opportunity to travel and live abroad
- Varying program lengths (some countries offer short-term programs that are 90 days or less).
- Lodging in a safe home, with a private room, weekly stipend, meals, and the opportunity to learn more about the traditions and routine of another culture.
The requirements to be an au pair abroad vary by country, so please visit the links below to learn more about the exciting au pair opportunities we have in partnering countries: