Visit France as an Au Pair with API!
Are you interested in providing childcare, while living abroad? Do you have a passion for language and new cultures? Becoming an au pair with Au Pair International in France is a great way to pursue these wonderful experiences!
Our Au Pair Program provides young people with a wonderful opportunity to immerse themselves in the culture and traditions of a French family, while providing live-in childcare. The program is a chance for cultural exchange, where both host families and au pairs can learn about each other and develop new language skills. Au pair participants will build professional and social skills, develop independence, while meeting new friends and forging unforgettable memories.
Are you looking for a rigorous summer program or year abroad, where you can flex your basic French skills and experience a new role in the day-to-day life of a French family? As an au pair in France, you can begin your stay by attending French level language classes and become familiar with the many cultural activities available to you and the children—perhaps you’ll plan a museum trip during the week or take leisurely strolls through the Jardin des Tuileries. Explore the mind of Marie Antoinette and spend a day as animals by visiting the sublime Menagerie at Jardin des Plantes. On your days off, relax in one of Paris’ sunny open-air cafés.
Are you ready to have the experience of a lifetime? Apply today to become an au pair in France with API!
- A private bedroom and full board in the host family’s home
- As an au pair, you are compensated at least 94 USD (80 euros) per week.
- You are given 176 USD (150 euros) per month on average for French classes.
- One day off per week and most of your weekends are free
Au pairs’ duties in France can include:
- Preparing meals for children
- Looking after the host family’s children, which can include playing games with them, assisting with homework, taking them to/from school, giving baths, etc.
- Doing light household work including tidying up, laundry, daily shopping, etc.
- Taking care of pets, if applicable
- Minimum 18-years-old, but no older than 28-years-old
- Placement throughout France, but especially in the Paris area
- Working hours are 30 hours per week
- Program terms are a minimum of 8 months, unless you are doing a summer program which is 2 to 3 months long.
- Program term less than 90 days (summer program) – $395
- Program term greater than 90 days – $495