Explore the Netherlands with API!
Would you like to gain valuable childcare experience while learning about a new culture? Are you passionate about traveling and working with children? If so, Au Pair International’s Au Pair Program in the Netherlands is right for you!
API’s Au Pair Program is a fantastic opportunity for young people to experience Dutch culture, while living with a host family and caring for their children. As an au pair, participants will have the chance to learn a new language, develop professional skills, gain new experience, and learn about an exciting part of the world. The Au Pair Program allows young people to forge unforgettable memories, make new friends, and learn about other cultures and traditions.
Imagine riding your own bike past the beautiful blooms, traditional windmills, and picturesque villages of the Netherlands. Breathe in the fresh air as you run your daily errands. Visit city markets, sample the famous cheese and Dutch pancakes amidst some of the friendliest faces in Europe. Explore the nightlife and dynamic city culture of Amsterdam. Meet up with fellow au pairs and plan a ferry or rail trip through one of many European countries during your vacation. It’s all at your fingertips in the Netherlands!
Are you ready to have the experience of a lifetime? Sign up to become an au pair in the Netherlands with API!
- A single room in the host family’s home with full board, a door lock, daylight, a window that can be opened, heating, bed, closet space, desk, chair, and access to WIFI
- As an au pair, you are compensated 366-415 USD per month (300-340 euros).
- Each month, your host family will contribute 12 USD (10 euros) to a cell phone subscription.
- 390 USD (320 euros) per year will be given by the host family towards language courses.
Au pairs’ duties in the Netherlands can include:
- Preparing simple meals
- Picking up/taking children to school
- Putting children to bed and getting them up in the morning
- Organizing activities for children (swimming, going to the park, playing with friends, etc.).
- Running small errands
- Doing children’s laundry and keeping their rooms tidy
- Walking and feeding pets
- Caring for plants
- Application fee of 42 USD (34 euros)
- Minimum 18-years-old, but no older than 31-years-old
- Working hours include 8 hours maximum per day and 30 hours maximum per week.
- Program terms are up to 12 months long.