Are you passionate about childcare and enjoy being around kids? Would you like to explore a new country, while living and working with a local family? If this sounds like you, you may be a perfect candidate for Au Pair International’s Au Pair Program in New Zealand!
New Zealand is an astounding country full of beautiful beaches, lush rainforests, and scenery galore. Becoming an au pair in this fascinating country will give you a chance to explore its rich history, while submerging yourself in its daily culture and life.
New Zealand Highlights
Placements Throughout New Zealand
Between 6 months and 12 months in length.
240-410 USD Per Week, Depending on Experience and Qualification.
- Caring for the host family’s children
- Engaging the children in games and educational activities
- Taking the children to and from school and other activities
- Helping with homework
- Preparing meals and snacks for the children
- Babysitting in the evenings as needed by the host family
- Performing light household work such as tidying up and doing the children’s laundry
- Full room and board in the host families home
- Compensation per hours worked
|Au Pair||Expert Au Pair*|
|30 Hours||$240 USD||$290 USD|
|35 Hours||$280 USD||$330 USD|
|40 Hours||$330 USD||$380 USD|
|45 Hours||$410 USD||$460 USD|
*To qualify as an “Expert Au Pair” you must have a degree in childcare or education OR more than 6 months of full-time work experience.
- 4 weeks a year paid holiday + 12 holidays paid
- Sick pay after 6 months – up to 10 days
- Placement Fee of $495 ($95 due at application and remainder due upon match)
- Airfare to and from New Zealand
- Federal criminal record check
- Cost to obtain a visa
- Document processing/translation fees
- Health and/or travelers insurance
- Between 30-45 hours per week