Minimum Requirements to be an Au Pair:
- 18 to 26 years old
- Proficient in conversational English
- Good health
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 200 hours of documented childcare experience
- Have successfully passed a detailed background investigation
- Pass a detailed screening process
A “Typical” Au Pair
Au pairs are young women and men that enjoy, and have a genuine interest, in working with children. They represent diverse cultural, social, economic, and educational backgrounds. They also hold a common interest in living with an American family to expand their cultural awareness.
During our interview and admissions process, we select caring, responsible, and mature young adults of good character who have a strong desire to work with children. Many au pairs possess a valid driver’s license as well as an International Driver’s license. Some candidates are students taking a “gap year” from their university studies, while others have been employed or are entering the work force, and others want the au pair experience before they decide on a professional career.