Explore Australia as an Au Pair with API!
Do you love working with children? Have you always wanted to live abroad? Then now is the perfect time to become an au pair in Australia! By becoming an au pair with Au Pair International, you have the awesome opportunity to travel, while caring for children and earning money!
Our Au Pair Program provides young people with a unique opportunity to learn the culture and language of a given country, while living with a host family and providing live-in childcare. The au pair program is an opportunity for cultural exchange, where young people can develop professional and social skills, expand their childcare experience, all while discovering a new part of the world. During their au pair year, participants can make new friends, forge unforgettable memories, and reach a new level of independence.
Being an au pair in Australia is unlike any other childcare experience. Enjoy a dip in the sea after a day of working with children and running errands. Meet up with new friends from all over the world. Visit the Outback for you own photographic adventure. Take a boat ride through Sydney Cove—go ahead, get your relaxation on!
Your adventure awaits you! Apply today to become part of API’s Au Pair Program in Australia!
- A single room in the host family’s home with full board (3 meals per day)
- As an au pair, you are compensated 175 USD per week up to 25 hours.
- 12 USD/hour for any additional hours worked
- 2 full days off per week
Au pairs’ duties in Australia can include:
- Preparing meals and snacks for the children
- Looking after the host family’s children, which can include playing with them, assisting with homework, taking them to/from school, etc.
- Babysitting in the evenings as needed
- Doing light household work including tidying up, laundry, daily shopping, etc.
- Must be between 18-30-years-old
- Some childcare and/or babysitting experience is required.
- Au pairs must commit to working approximately 25 hours per week and babysitting a maximum of 2 nights per week.
- Au pairs must provide three professional references.
- Au pairs must present a completed background check and medical certificate.
- First Aid knowledge is preferable.