Do you love kids and have a passion for childcare? Have you always dreamed of traveling to a new country, while gaining valuable work experience? If so, Au Pair International’s Au Pair Program in Chile is right for you!
Our Au Pair Program provides young people with a wonderful opportunity to live with host parents and their children and experience the Latin American way of life first hand. This program is a chance for young people to grow their professional skills, gain childcare experience, and explore a new part of the world. The program can help young people build self-confidence, meet new friends, and forge unforgettable memories.
Chile is a beautiful, culture-rich country offering travelers the opportunity to traverse desert, gorgeous beaches, and lush national parks. Host families are spread out throughout the entire country, providing au pairs the chance to live in a variety of areas. We carefully consider each family, conducting interviews and home visits to ensure they are a good match for the program. As an au pair, you will participate in the daily life of the family providing childcare and helping with light household work. You will also enrich the lives of your host family through speaking in English, as many families want their children to be bilingual, and learning Spanish from them in return.
Are you tired of the same routine? Try something extraordinary and sign up to become an au pair in Chile today with Au Pair International!
A single room in the host family’s home with full board.
As an au pair, you receive pocket money each month between 250-300 USD. Within a few months, you can earn back the program costs and have money to save for travel around the country, following the end of your program term.
As an au pair in Chile, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Singing, dancing, doing arts and crafts with the children, etc.
- Taking and picking the children up from a nursery/school
- Helping with homework
- Going for walks with the children
- Supervising the children, dressing them, and bathing them
- Keeping the home and kitchen tidy
- Preparing meals for the children
- Doing laundry and watering plants/flowers
- Minimum 18-years-old
- Depending on the host family, you will need at least basic-intermediate Spanish skills. (You do have the option of taking a Spanish course, prior to arriving in your host family’s home).
- Experience as an au pair or childcare provider is helpful, but not required.
- You must have travel and liability insurance.
- Program terms are a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months.
- No special vaccinations are required.
- Working hours are between 30-40 each week.
- Flexible start date
- $395 (Increasing to $695 on June 1, 2019. Match by May 31, 2019, to lock in the current placement fee.)
Application must be completed at least 12 weeks prior to starting with a host family.