Explore Germany with API!
Are you a skilled caregiver looking to experience a new culture? Do you have a passion for working with children? If this sounds like you, Au Pair International’s Au Pair Program in Germany is the perfect opportunity for you!
Our Au Pair Program provides young people with a wonderful opportunity to live with host parents and their children and experience German culture, while living and working in this beautiful country. The au pair program is an opportunity for cultural exchange, where young people can develop new skills, expand their childcare experience, all while learning about a different part of the world. Through this experience, participants can learn a new language, discover new cultures and traditions, and meet people from all walks of life.
Germany is one of Europe’s most vibrant and eclectic countries, full of modern reinvention. You’ll find a savvy metropolis, boasting the most financially-enriched arts district in all of Europe; quaint, cobble-stoned villages, and moody castles–under a canopy of evergreen. Germany has it all! Get ready to become an active part of the day-to-day life of a real German family, who awaits you with curiosity and enthusiasm. Whether your daily adventure begins with running errands at the local Straße Markt or skiing the Alpines, national treasures surround you.
Are you ready to gain professional experience, while forging unforgettable memories? Sign up to become an au pair in Germany with API!
- A single room in the host family’s home with full board including meals, private living quarters, and washing facilities.
- As an au pair, you are compensated 306 USD per month (260 euros).
- Two days of paid vacation for each month of the program.
- Public holidays in Germany are free days where the au pair has leisure time.
Au pairs’ duties in Germany can include:
- Preparing breakfast and other basic meals
- Looking after the host family’s children, which can include playing with them, assisting with homework, taking them to/from school, etc.
- Babysitting in the evenings
- Doing light household work including tidying up, laundry, daily shopping, etc.
- Taking care of pets, if applicable
- Minimum 18-years-old, but no older than 26-years-old
- Proof of practical childcare experience
- Working hours include 6 hours maximum per day and 30 hours maximum per week.
- Program terms are a minimum of 6 months and no longer than 12 months.
- Au pairs are encouraged to take language courses during their stay, which the host family will contribute 59 USD (50 euros) to each month. Travel expenses to/from the language courses will also be paid by the host family.
- Au pair will be responsible for travel expenses to and from Germany.
- Au pairs must present a medical certificate which confirms their physical and psychological wellbeing.
- Au pairs must present a certificate which recognizes a basic knowledge of German.
- Program term between 6-12 months – $495