Travel to Italy as an Au Pair with API!
Would you like to explore a new country while gaining professional experience? Do you love working with kids and desire to learn a new language? Does this sound like you? Read below to learn more about Au Pair International’s Au Pair Program in Italy!
Our Au Pair Program provides young people with a unique opportunity to learn the culture and language of a given country, while living with a host family and providing live-in childcare. The au pair program is an opportunity for cultural exchange, where young people can develop professional and social skills, expand their childcare experience, all while discovering a new part of the world. During their au pair year, participants can make new friends, forge unforgettable memories, and reach a new level of independence.
Italy is a country full of romance, exquisite cuisine, fashion, and fascinating architecture. As an au pair, you can stroll by the Coliseum on your day off and walk the stone-paved streets as you sample cuisine nurtured under the Tuscan sun. You can easily travel with ease via rail to Paris or Vienna, or holiday along the Mediterranean. You can discover all this wonderful country has to offer, while learning valuable skills from your new host family!
Are you ready for the experience of a lifetime? Apply today to become an au pair in the beautiful country of Italy with API!
- A single room in the host family’s home with full board and access to Wi-Fi
- As an au pair, you are compensated 94-117 USD (80-100 euros) per week.
- Financial assistance for au pairs who are also attending school while in Italy
- Option to take Italian language classes
- Long-term participants are eligible for paid health insurance and flight back home, upon program completion.
Au pairs’ duties in Italy can include:
- Preparing meals and snacks for the children
- Looking after the host family’s children, which can include playing with them, assisting with homework, taking them to/from school, etc.
- Babysitting in the evenings as needed
- Doing light household work including tidying up, laundry, daily shopping, etc.
- Minimum 16-years-old, but no older than 29-years-old
- Program terms are from 1 to 12 months, including summer programs.
- Au pairs must commit to working 30 hours per week.
- A basic understanding of Italian is helpful, not required.
- All candidates will need to provide references, a background check, and medical check.
- Skilled drivers and swimmers are preferred.
- Program term less than 90 days – $495
- Program term greater than 90 days – $495