Are you passionate about childcare and enjoy being around kids? Would you like to explore a new country, while living and working with a local family? If this sounds like you, you may be a perfect candidate for Au Pair International’s Au Pair Program in New Zealand!
Our Au Pair Program provides young people with a wonderful opportunity to live with host parents and their children and experience the fascinating culture of New Zealand first-hand. This program is a chance for young people to expand their professional skills, gain childcare experience, and explore a new part of the world. The program can help young people build self-confidence, meet new friends, and forge unforgettable memories.
New Zealand is an astounding country full of beautiful beaches, lush rainforests, and scenery galore. Becoming an au pair in this fascinating country will give you a chance to explore its rich history, while submersing yourself in its daily culture and life.
Would you like to try something new? Sign up today to become an au pair in New Zealand with API!
Full room and board in your host family’s home.
As an au pair, you are compensated on a weekly basis, depending on how many hours you work and what level of au pair you qualify as. Standard au pairs who work between 30 and 45 hours per week receive 170 to 235 USD, while au pair experts receive between 220 and 285 USD. All au pairs are eligible to receive a bonus at the end of their program term, equating to 10 USD per week, if the full contract term is completed. You will also receive paid vacation and holidays, should you commit to a full 12 month program.
As an au pair in New Zealand, you will help your host family by:
- Singing, dancing, doing arts and crafts with the children, etc.
- Taking and picking the children up from a nursery/school
- Helping with homework
- Going for walks with the children
- Supervising the children, dressing them, and bathing them
- Keeping the home and kitchen tidy
- Preparing meals for the children
- Doing the children’s laundry
Au Pair Program Requirements:
- Minimum 18-years-old and no older than 30-years-old
- Be a non-smoker
- Good level of English
- Experience in childcare and references to support this
- Be eligible/meet the requirements of the New Zealand Working Holiday Visa
- Be willing to commit to a program term of 6 to 12 months
- Driver’s license with an approved translation or an international driver’s license
- Be willing to work between 30 and 45 hours per week
Au Pair Expert Program Requirements:
To qualify as an au pair expert and receive the higher level of pay, applicants must meet the above criteria and:
- Have at least 12 months of full-time childcare experience or hold a childcare certification and have 6 months of experience