Become an Au Pair in Spain with API!
Are you passionate about children and being a caregiver? Have you always dreamed of traveling to a new country, while gaining valuable work experience? If so, Au Pair International’s Au Pair Program in Spain is perfect for you!
Our Au Pair Program provides young people with a wonderful opportunity to live with host parents and their children, while immersing themselves in a new culture and language. This program is a chance for young people to grow their childcare skills, gain professional experience, and explore a new part of the world. The program can help young people build self-confidence, meet new friends, and forge unforgettable memories.
Become part of a Spanish family by embracing the country’s rich culture and language, firsthand! Explore cosmopolitan city life, the architecture and monuments; immerse yourself in the diversity of people while living among dramatic landscapes and coastlines. At the end of the day, rest your head and enjoy a private room with full board courtesy of your host family.
Are you ready to cultivate the adventure of a lifetime? Try something extraordinary and sign up to become an au pair in Spain today with Au Pair International!
- A private room in the host family’s home with full board.
- As an au pair, you receive pocket money each week between 82-88 USD (70-75 euros).
- Some families will also pay for a monthly transport card and other expenses.
- One week of paid vacation for each 6 month stay.
As an au pair in Spain, you will:
- Act as a member of the family, by helping around the house (being tidy, assisting with cooking, playing with the children, etc.).
- Participate in cultural exchange with your host family by speaking English or your native language to your host parents and children, while conversing in Spanish as well.
- Language interaction is the key component of the Au Pair Program in Spain, so it is vital to be talkative and sociable.
- Must be 18-30-years-old.
- Previous experience with children is required.
- Participants must have a willingness to teach their native language to their host family.
- Participants are not required to speak Spanish.
- Program terms are available for summer stays (1, 2, or 3 months) and school year placements (3, 6, 9, or 12 months).
- Working hours are 25-30 hours per week.
- Au pairs are responsible for the cost of their flight to and from Spain, Spanish lessons, and Travel/Medical insurance.
- Participants should be in good mental and physical health.
- Placements are available throughout Spain, but most are in and around Madrid.
- Program term less than 90 days (summer stays) – $395 (Increasing to $495 on June 1, 2019. Match by May 31, 2019, to lock in the current placement fee.)
- Program term greater than 90 days (school year placements) – $495