Explore Belgium as an Au Pair with API!
Do you love working with children? Have you always wanted to live abroad? Then now is the perfect time to become an au pair in Belgium! By becoming an au pair with Au Pair International, you have the awesome opportunity to travel, while caring for children and earning money.
Why choose this beautiful country for your au pair experience? Belgium is home to an incredible wealth of architectural masterpieces, mouthwatering gourmet experiences, and lively cultural celebrations. With cycling being one of the country’s favorite past times, participants revel in the chance to experience a bike ride through the peaceful atmosphere of Belgium’s beguinages and visit the many belfries. Most cities date back over 200 years and showcase beautiful architectural examples of Art Nouveau in Brussels and beyond.
Belgium also boasts more than 120 Michelin star restaurants with food and drink that is world-renowned. Reflecting their love for food and drink, all manner of popular celebrations take place across the country throughout the year, including carnivals, religious processions, commemorative parades and historical pageants. Every town and village keep their local traditions alive by organizing their own festivities, with families and organizations spending months preparing for the events.
With all this and more to experience, apply today to become part of API’s Au Pair Program in Belgium!
- Host family will provide accommodations in their home
- As an au pair, you are compensated 450 EUR/month
- At least 1 day off per week with 1 full weekend off per month
- Medical insurance provided by the host family
Au pairs’ duties in Belgium can include:
- Up to 20-hours of work per week with a maximum of 4 hours per day
- Hours will be scheduled according to the host family’s requirements and may vary based on their need
- Looking after the host family’s children, which can include playing with them, assisting with homework, taking them to/from school, etc.
- Doing light household work including tidying up, laundry, daily shopping, etc.
- Must be between 18-26 years-old
- Must have childcare related experience and a passion for children
- Must be willing to participate for a full 12-months
- Participants will attend a year-round language course to learn both French & Dutch or German
- Must be able to drive, swim, cycle and cook