Congratulations to the Bahal family from New Jersey, our 2019 Host Family of the Year winner! Joining them in September of 2018 from Germany, au pair Ninja was compelled to nominate the Bahal’s for being so much more than a host family to her.
“I arrived in the USA in September 2018 to begin my adventure as an Au Pair. Little did I know a new, amazing chapter of my life had begun. From the minute I arrived the Bahal’s have treated me with all the love and warmth a family could possibly treat you. Now, 10 months later, they are not just my Host Family anymore, they are my family! Living thousands of miles from my home country I have found an other home and the missing piece of my family.” – Ninja H.
Congratulations also go to the Sorenson and Temmer families, our 2019 runner-up winners in the Host Family of the Year Contest. Follow the link for each family to discover why their au pair’s nominated them for this prestigious award!
2023 Host Family of the Year Contest Details
Each year Au Pair International will select one host family amidst all nominees to become our Host Family of the Year. Nominating your host family for this prestigious award is a wonderful way to thank them for opening their home to you as an extended member of their family! It’s also a great way to win them an additional $500 off their next year’s program fees!!
In order to be eligible for the Host Family of the Year Contest, the host family must have hosted an au pair during 2022-2023.
- We are looking for compelling reasons why you believe your host family is exceptional. You may either submit a nomination essay OR a nomination video. Be creative and show us how AWESOME your host family really is!!
- Essay length must be between 500- 1000 words.
- Nomination essays and videos will be judged by a selection panel appointed by Au Pair International.
- All contest entries will become property of Au Pair International, including rights to edit and publish the material.
- Deadline to submit your nomination is midnight on January 9, 2023.
The Winning Host Family Will Receive
- An additional $500 discount on their next year’s program fee!
- Recognition on the Au Pair International Website and in our social media as the Host Family of the Year!
Nominate your Host Family